Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Ubaidullah Baig - My identity as a writing teacher.

My identity as a Writing Teacher:

I joined in the service a ten years ago in Guntur district of Andhra Pradesh as Secondary Grade Teacher. After joining in the service, I tried our state's Public Service Commission's Tests but I could not make it to the final list. While I was preparing for those exams I used to write and sharr some important things in the blog , like current affairs, list of books, areas to be focused etc. This is the blog I created about 10 years ago, in 2012 as  I used to keep posting in subtopics, subject-wise etc. I used to gather important stuff online, compile them and edit them to make it short and then I used to post them in the blog. In my blog you can find a huge number of sub-topics in Menu i.e. tabs. This is the same blog I am using currently. But nowadays I am not writing and creating any material in the blog but planning to continue this from now-onwards. 




My writing works at our SCERT:

I worked as module writer at AP-SCERT for Teacher's Handbook. We had created resources, lessons plans etc to help the teachers while dealing with new English medium textbooks. I worked with Textbook writing team to find the writing errors related to language in Mathematics from class 1 to 5. 





Most satisfactory work I did there was spotting the writing errors in the National Anthem. Some punctuation errors were there. We had given proof for that i.e. Gazette published by Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. Mr. Kishore, head of Mathematics team encourages me a lot at SCERT, and also other officials. 



Micro blogging and social media platforms to present my writing skills:

Apart from this blog I used to write on social media platforms and I am continuing it. In social media platform we have to convey the things in short paragraphs or in few phrases. Facebook groups that I act as an admin have given me a lot of scope to write and convey the larger message in less words. I am acting as admin for fb groups that have more than one Lakh members in total. Acting as Admin for whatsapp groups for around 100 whatsapp groups. Sometimes our member would be waiting for our responses on the social media, that gives us pleasure even-though somewhat it is creating pressure to write and create posts immediately after the incidents happening.



How do I teach writing : 

I focus on aspects of writing like spellings, punctuations and capitalisation techniques. While teaching English for classes like 7th and 8th I would like to give more information and techniques of punctuations to separate  or link the words, phrases and clauses.

I focus on children's writing and support them in the areas like Capital letters,techniques and rules to be followed while writing proper nouns, key words in Titles, at the beginning of the sentences etc. Content creation is very important aspect of Writing, and I learnt here at the RIESI that I need to focus on this. There is a lot more to know about Writing, and there is much more to learn about it, I learnt here.


18 comments:

Koteswari said...

Attitude is good and inspirable.

Unknown said...

He is very helpful and good character

Unknown said...

HE IS VERY GOOD AND HELPFUL PERSON AND WE LEARNED ALOT FROM HIM AND WE ALSO USING THOSE SKILS IN OUR TEACHING ALSO THANKS...

Unknown said...

I am impressed by your idea that you focus on teaching the need to use various constraints while writing , rather than just memorising them.

neeraja said...

I am impressed by your idea that you focus on teaching the need to use various constraints while writing , rather than just memorising them.

Unknown said...

He is a kind hearted and hard working person.Inspite of many difficulties he faced he strives to move forward with positive attitude.He always gives his best..All the best Ubaidullah sir..

Ch Phani Raja Kumari said...

He has a good character with positive mentality which motivates others. He always encourages us to do our best. We hope you would achieve more in the future.. Thank you for always supporting us Ubaidullah sir...

Unknown said...

He is helpful and hard worker. He encourages teachers in their duties.He also supports when they felt difficulty. He inspired me a lot.

Archana M Telangana said...

Well done sir,you are technically skilled.Your article shows your determination to achieve higher level goals.Keep going

Akbar Basha GPT GHPS Chandanahalli said...

You did well, your presentation is good keep it up.

ESWAR said...

Great writing skill..you have worked as module writer..it is very proud UBAID BAIG sir of Guntur

VINOD said...

Inspiring. I expect more writings from you sir.

logamani said...

You proved your writing skill sir. Keep writing. Your writing can bring enormous changes. Super keep writing sir. All the best

Samrin said...

With this blog, I came to know that you are a really good writer. You have proven your writing skills here.
Good to here that you are preparing for next level exam. All the best for your future sir. Keep the same spirit sir. Keep going on you will definitely achieve your goals.
Great achievements are waiting for you sir.
All the best 👍

Fathima said...

You have proved that you are a good writer sir....keep it up

BaddiLD said...

Well done sir.

Sumit Mishra said...

Impressive written blog and valuable information shared here., learn our blog for more details Best Ways to Improve Your Writing. Glad to get this information.

DIGI GYAN BLOG said...

Amazing, great quality work. I found that Blog very useful. Are you looking for online teaching jobs from home , how to teach online , online tutoring jobs for students , how to become an online tutor